‘Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city…Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.’ Jeremiah 29:5-7
365 days to seek peace and prosperity in every sphere of life – wherever you are planted. Every month we will seek God to shift atmospheres and sow #seedsofchange in every area where we have claimed ground. (Following 2017 …claiming ground – Joshua 1:3)
‘Every seed you sow, eventually has a payday.’ Jennifer Eivaz
Our #365Watch began in 2013, so we are entering our 6th year of prayer – every day of every month!
How did we get here!
2013 : #365Watch – Add a brick to the wall. Every day of the year covered!
2014 : #365Watch – Add a layer to the wall. Multiple people praying every day of the year.
2015 : #365Watch – Add nuclear families to the wall. Nehemiah, build in front of you.
2016 : #366Watch – Add cell families to the wall. Locking & unlocking. Matt 16:19.
2017 : #365Watch – Add cell families and a number of D4J local churches. Claimed ground – Josh 1:3.
This brings us to 2018!
From adding single bricks, to layers, followed by families building in front of them (Nehemiah), to cell families locking and unlocking (Matthew 16:19), to adding local churches in Durbanville as we claimed ground (Joshua 1:3)…we will SEEK THE PEACE AND PROSPERITY IN EVERY SPHERE OF LIFE – WHEREVER YOU ARE PLANTED!
Our key scripture is Jeremiah 29:5-7. This is what the Lord says to us as a church…
‘Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city…Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.’
We should seek the peace and prosperity of the place in which God has placed/planted us and pray for it. This includes our family, work, church ,city, nation etc. There’s an expression: “bloom where you are planted.” Send down your roots wherever…even in exile (where you are uncomfortable or isolated) It must become fertile ground because you are there.
‘The most transformative action we can take for the Kingdom is being engaged and planted where God places us.’ Graydon Bishop
HOW WILL IT WORK?
- Your cell group will be given a date (where possible the same date as last year) …eg the 3rd of every month. So you and your cell family will all be praying on the same day.
- We encourage you to use your Whatsapp groups to remind, encourage & share on that day.
- If you are not in a cell group at ESCC, you are welcome to select any day of the month to pray (see below). The prayer focus will change every month with the theme of Jeremiah 29:5-7 flowing through 2018.
HERE’S HOW TO GET HOLD OF YOUR GUIDELINES :
- New this year! Download our Prayer App HERE! (NB: only for Android users)
- Monthly easy-to-use printed guidelines for adults & children (on the flipside) will be available at the Info desk on a Sunday. We also have special toddlers’ guidelines!
- Follow us on Instagram
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Download the latest guidelines for adults and for children from the website