A day-time shelter and drop-off centre for the poor in Durbanville.
After 2 years of prayer, the D4J/MES Centre of Hope is opening on 1 October 2020. The centre will:
- act as a daytime drop-in-centre (not shelter)
- serve soup based on the voucher system
- dispatch GROW-teams (to clean our neighbourhood)
- offer life skills & devotional workshops (to earn a voucher)
- offer social & intervention services to the homeless
- refer clients as needed
The centre will open on Thursday 1st October.
37 Queen Street, Durbanville.
How can you help:
- Donate clothes and blankets (in good condition).
- volunteer your time.
- donate soup.
- sponsor a GROW team (for job rehabilitation).
- Donate to the restoration of the building.
- Purchase meal vouchers to distribute to homeless instead of cash or food.
Banking details to make a donation:
Account No: 405 806 2432
Branch code: 632 005
Ref: Your Name/DV Centre
Ilsa Maartens (MES): 084 448 3456
Johan Els (Bergsig) 084 672 0626
Watch this short promo clip to learn more about the vision of The Centre Of Hope.